Monday, August 14, 2006

Through with the rabbit hole

No one would believe the absurdities that the political carnival at work has reached. Folks, I may be home sooner than all of us expected. In fact, right now I’m weighing up what can be gained out of staying.

Work is something like Alice in Wonderland. I keep taking these things that make me too tall, too small, too boyish, too plain, too sick, too healthy, too dumb, too smart… The boss is the rabbit “I’m late, I’m late, for a very important date”, who is subject to the queen of hearts “Off with her head”. The mad hatter riles up all the royal subjects to go insult the queen, get their heads chopped off and amuse the old potter. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are well, that. And then there’s a caterpillar trying to persuade Alice, me, that this world uses a different logic. Thing is, I know that. I think I almost even understand it. But I’m weighing up whether there’s anything for me to gain out of playing the game.

The option of slipping back through the rabbit hole is just too easy. Well, I’m going to try and keep it going for another two months. Dunno why… but hey, maybe there’ll be some surprise return on investment. At the moment the only thing keeping me here is money, and my materialism is vanishing fast. No amount of money is worth working for an asshole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home