Thursday, August 03, 2006

Briefly on better

Feeling better on one level – hooked up with some journos from downstairs and went out. One’s favourite book is Confederacy of Dunces, which I just ordered off Amazon. Another is a master bullshitter and another is a lounge DJ. They tend to be slightly chauvinist for my taste, a bit rah rah and macho. I think there’s softness beneath it and that it’s all for laughs, but I still haven’t figured out quite how to respond to it.

Tonight there’s a party at one of their house’s and tomorrow my air conditioner is being serviced. I’m hoping that that is what has sparked my raw cough and swollen sinuses; and that my leaden limbs are just Thursday afternoon lethargy. Flu would be awful right now, especially in this heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home