Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Birthday bugs

It’s my birthday!

I’m stuffed full of chicken and leak risotto, followed by brownie and ice-cream. And I got a cactus from someone at work.

There was somewhat stiffened awkwardness when I brought cake to the office this morning. Half the office, the muslim half, were overly polite and I even got some mixed holiday greetings like “Merry new year”. Muslims don’t do birthdays.

But I figured I can push my one pagan day a year on them – who’s going to say no to cake?

Other than that, the usual helium and butterflies in my stomach and random tears abound. I’m not going to care if I cry on my birthday anymore: maybe then it will go away like the opposite of Heidinger. But it might still be like Shrodinger half-unshed tears.

Not that it’s a bad birthday. I’m just always too highly strung.

Anyway, can’t wait until tomorrow when this will all blow over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home