Monday, July 24, 2006

Crashed but rearing

I had a somewhat melancholic weekend, vowing never to drink again, and mourning the end of an intense e-mail interaction I’ve been having with a philosopher back in South Africa.

Got ripped out of my self-reflection by some colleagues who took me out on a belated birthday dinner. But I was too absorbed and struggled to keep up with conversation, as much as I tried to show my gratitude and appreciation.

It was good though. It sparked a couple of tears, a long sleep and the mountainous dreams that have characterized my sober stay in this desert island. Woke up feeling ready. After living in a nonsense, halfway-across-the-pond digital world, I earthed myself back to my immediate situation at hand.

Set myself a mission: To find a grocery shop that sells fresh salad ingredients. I did. It came with a DVD shop that has a huge section of foreign and art movies. It’s somewhat different to DVD Gurus – less Western with a focus on Iran and Indian movies. I actually need to find a guide in there, because I don’t recognize what is good.

Continued reading Celine’s Death of the Installment plan and garnered my new motto: No one’s going to thank you for working yourself to death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home